Clean engine

Hi All

What do you guys use to improve appearance of engine and bay area,

Is it save to use back to black or similar on hoses etc?

My engine is potless at the moment so would it be easier to spend 10 mins every week cleaning dust/road muck etc from it , or do it less frequantly.

Thanks in advance

Brian G

Reply to
brian

Well mines in bits every other week and out of the car so its pretty easier to put a rag over it then.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

The message from "brian" contains these words:

A bonnet. I keep it firmly closed most of the time.

Reply to
Guy King

Why do you want to keep it so clean ? Only reasons I can think of are :

You're selling it. (my dad thinks a clean battery is a good one, etc)

You're going to work on the engine.

You're one of these strange people who take their cars to shows. (walked through some Mini show at Worthing the other week with lots of cars with their bonnets proudly up ).

Reply to
Nervous O'Toole

I find it makes it easier to find leaks ~& work on generally

Reply to
duncanwood

Why not just power wash it? - £5 from a garage!

Reply to
Krystnors

Spray the entire underbonnett area with a good degreaser leave for 15 mins or so then power wash the lot off. Can be a good idea to keep the engine running whilst you are doing it. Brings everything up great!

Regards John

Reply to
webmaster

Change the coolant and wash the header tank out with a bottle brush.

Peter Hill