Cleaning bird mess off my paintwork/windscreen

Does anybody have any suggestions for products to remove persistent bird mess from my paintwork and glass? I don't want to use T-Cut (repeatedly) because, I assume, it will remove all my paint over a period of time. And no, I can't move the car away from the trees!

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
scouselad

Hmm. Hard work, a good quality shampoo, some colour matching polish and then a good coat of wax. Repeat every four to six weeks...

Reply to
DervMan

The message from "scouselad" contains these words:

Shoot the bird.

Reply to
Guy King

Tcut it, then apply hard wax polish , then apply another coat when the first coats shiny (i.e. the next day) Then clean the bird crap off straight away, otherwise you'll never win.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

If you have particularly stubborn & stuck bird crap try soaking some paper towel in hot water & a bit of washing up liquid & then laying it on top of the mess for half an hour to soften it up before you try & wash it off - the wetter, the better. It'll help avoid having to scrape it off.

As has been said, apply several good coats of wax & if you have to use the washing up liquid then re-wax that area afterwards. The detergent will strip the wax off

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

Removing it is just using plenty of soap and water but why not stop it in the first place with a car cover?

I often wonder why cars aren't made of bird crap. They'd never rust. And exhaust systems - why aren't they made of Gun Gum?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham