Clio Temperature Gauge

Periodically the temperature gauge on my wifes 2000 X plate Renault Clio 1.2 Grande will fluctuate up and down between cold and normal running temp. Hoses etc are not going cold so I suspect a bad earth or fault sender unit / sensor. Any ideas to confirm or otherwise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
AndrewP

May be the thermostat in the cooling system is sticking, I had this with a Peugeot 205

Best of luck

Ian

Reply to
Ian