cold misfire

Right finally got the car running, previous problem was a knackered carb. Looked at the leads and plugs last weekend and one of the leads broke. was able to temp repair it (as itr was 4 on a sunday afternoon!) but obviously had a slight misfire. Now changed the leads and plugs but theres still the misfire. its only for the first 2 mins or so of driving then its fine. Its had the dist cap and rotor arm changed recently (was already on the car when it got it) but had not been tightened up. as such th e rotor arm has been knocking on one of the electrodes has worn it slightly. the arm is also slightly warm. Could this be the cause of my misfire, if not what else can i check. its a 1300 cvh fiesta.

Cheers

dave

Reply to
david johnstone

inside the dizzy cap all 4 electrodes should be the same this could be it

as this wont have electronic ign , on the side there is a vaccum advance, check the pipes going to this for splits or stuck together

Reply to
ford_technical_

It probably will have an electronic ignition. the 1.3 cvh is quite rare in the fiesta, most cvh engines where 1.4 and 1.6. The escort had 1.3 cvh units fitted in the early 80s but went back o the 1.3 ohv engine later. Either way, I don't ever recall a cvh engine having points and condensor in the distributor they all had an amplifier on the side as I recall.

Reply to
a.n.other

yes 1.3 chv is rare on fiesta's as the OP didnt say the age i guessed it was an early 80's car

Reply to
ford_technical_