V8 Disco Misfire

My Disco V8 Auto has developed a bit of a misfire, not all the time but occasionally it splutters and struggles to run gets close to stalling too. Not had an old petrol engined motor for ages so not much idea what to look for, should I be checking/replacing the plugs/leads/coil and rotor arm etc?

Reply to
Andy

Check and gap plugs, replace leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm. Don't fit italian crap parts, use genuine Landrover leads & rotor-arm (Lucas) and find a proper Lucas dizzy cap. (landrover now supply an italian crappy intermotor part in a genuine box, not the proper lucas item!). Badger.

Reply to
Badger

You could also look at the fuel filter

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Seems to mainly happen under load, could it be the HT coil?

Reply to
Andy

Well, I had spluttering and power fade under load, which eventually meant I couldn't even climb the slightest inclines. I was convinced it was electrical (even bought a new set of plug leads), until someone here pointed me to the fuel filter, which was FULL of sludge. Once swapped, no problem.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Sounds similar, where is the filter located and how easy a job is it to change?

A,

Reply to
Andy