misfire problem

HI

Got this problem on a 77 RA28GT.

2x twin sidedraught solex.

I have had a intermitant misfire for a while, replaced dizzy top, arm, plugs and things apart from ht leads.

Last few days the car has been fine, i kept it at low revs and drove fine, i thought if i burried the throttle the misfire would come back, so i did and yes the misfire was back, when it does that at tickover it cuts out and takes a age to start by cranking, not the usualy one quick turn and it fires up. Usually the next day the car is fine unless i bury the throttle.

I have a Haynes manual which shows the carbs, i presume its that. Would anyone tell me where to look first, if feels like a bit of dirt, had something simular feel years ago on another differerant car and i found a spec of dirt that caused the problem.

thanks

Reply to
Julian Hales

Fuel filter(s)?

Reply to
hachiroku

yes i replaced the one inbetween the fual pipes not long ago, prior to his problem

Reply to
Julian Hales

"Julian Hales" wrote in news:1aU7e.72382$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Replace the coil.

Reply to
TeGGer®

Very likely a correct answer. But since he hasn't replaced the ht wires, here's a tip.

Wait until it's dark. Find somewhere far from lights to park. Start the engine. Raise the hood. Look for arcs of light.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Julian Hales from Rec.Pets.Herp? Boy Usenet is a small world =)

Reply to
Josh

I changed the coil from my 79 which is the same coil. no differance

Reply to
Julian Hales

I was sent 2 lots of wrong ht leads, the correct ones are way out of my budget for the moment.

I had thought a air leak or dirt in the carbs, as if i have the misfire when i drive if i then burry the throttle again when it gets near the max it clears up, most of the time, i need to replace the slipping clutch this week so until then i cant fully drive and use gear ratios. etc

Julian Hales

yes thats me, the herp guy with a good taste in cars and women.....

Reply to
Julian Hales