Common problem, uncommon spare part

This is about a UK spec 1999 Daewoo Nubira 2.0CDX.

Turns out the nearside (left) front radius arm and its associated bushings are bad, ditto the balljoint attached to it, so the entire radius arm needs changing, says the friendly neighbourhood Daewoo dealer.

Here's where it gets complicated. Turns out that (as we all know) there are three flavours of Nubira around, the -100 (my car), the -150 (the facelifted one) and the -200 (the recently launched one).

Apparently Daewoo UK claim that the radius arm for the -150 should fit the -100. Technician at the dealer tried to fit one today, declared himself unhappy with the resulting tolerances, and put the old (defective) one back in, only to be told by Daewoo UK tech support, that yes, the -150 part should fit both the -100 and -150 models.

He and I remain unconvinced. Anyone else come across this problem ? What is the answer ? Is it possible to get specific -100 model radius arms ?

Reply to
Medallion Man

As you said the face lift one the 150 is just that a face lift and they may well of done some upgrades to other componants but if the chassie and most other running gear is the same then i would go wiht the 150 arm. being happy with the toarances of the 100 arm could be the cause of the fault and the

150 arm may not look quite right but it problbly solves the problem. If dawoo Uk says its ok which is now GM vauxhall i would use the 150.
Reply to
Dubster