Computerised MOT

subtract (eventually) cost of tax disc printing, distributing and selling infrastructure, to be replaced with automatic electronic banking version.

Reply to
PC Paul

Eh!? The fine for no MOT is back payment of road tax of all the years since the last MOT plus up to ?£1000 penalty.

Reply to
Lin Chung

Ah, you don't have to equip every traffic warden with the PDA. Even a few wardens so equipped, highly visible patrolling in the high street will do the trick, especially if they also carry wheel locks with them!

I like the idea of PDA straight to car pound control centre! Hah!

Reply to
Lin Chung

Erm, that might be the fine for no tax, actually.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yes, you are right! Apology! I must have been half asleep!

Reply to
Lin Chung

Result: No change - it passed with some (pretty minor) advisories as usual. And the tester was being appraised by the company boss, so in those circumstances, it's bang on.

Reply to
Chris Bolus