Coolant leak

I have a pretty bad coolant leak. By coincidence I have it booked in for MOT and service on Monday morning.

I have a 22 mile trip to the garage. Any problems with filling/topping it up with coolant on Monday morning before setting off? Any precautions to take? I'll be taking some coolant with me and also a big cloth just in case!

Cheers Paul, Wakefield

Reply to
Paul Fixter

booked in for MOT

filling/topping it up

precautions to take?

in case!

Why coolant? Just take plenty of water. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

What kind of car where is the leak ? You should never run any modern car with a coolant leak (Rover owners especially take note) it will wreck the engine very quickly.

Reply to
AWM

Well depends on how fast it's leaking, running a car with low coolant will wreck it but the leak may take some time.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

It's a 1994 Rover 214. I got to work OK after topping up with half a litre of coolant before setting off. I suppose I could have just used water.

Anyway, it was the water pump that needed replacing. All done now and all in order.

Cheers Paul, Wakefield

Reply to
Paul Fixter