Corsa Brakes

Has anyone had any experience of replacing front brake pads on a Corsa L

1994, I tried to do it tonight but I had problems getting the caliper off. I released the spring clip and pushed the piston in to release the pads. There are two pins which the caliper slides on, how do I release these pins. Many Thanks
Reply to
Dgethin

pull off the dust caps on the rear of the caliper and you'll see a bolt which requires an allen key - undo these 2 - you need to remove the caliper you see - (not disconnect the brake pipe) then you can remove the pads - they won't slide out as you have hoped as they have clips on the back of them.

hope this helps

Reply to
roopdascoop

Do you know what size alan key I will need.

Reply to
Dgethin

sorry can't remember - quite a large one - needs to be a good fit coz those bolts are usually really tight

Reply to
roopdascoop

7mm allen key
Reply to
mrcheerful

7mm. Easiest is one of the ones that go on a ratchet. tap it in as if you bugger the heads you'll be really grumpy
Reply to
Duncanwood