Pug 406 - heated seats

I have recently acquired a Pug 406 2 litre turbo and am well pleased with the car. There is only one seemingly minor fault... the heated front seats. The controls are by the handbrake, and when I press them they light up but the seats do not get warm. There isnt much information in the handbook, but I was wondering whether or not anyone else has this problem/knows a fix?

I would try and locate the fuse but the manual doesnt list this information... also I was wondering whether or not it is linked to the climate control, i.e. the seats wont get hot unless a high temperature is set on the console.

Any help appreciated TIA.

Reply to
Moby78

The heated seats work independantly of the heating. The heated elements within the seats are a common failure point. If you look under the seats, you'll be able to trace the wires to where they enter the seat padding. Check to see if you are getting a feed to these wires, if you are, then chances are the heated elements have failed.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out this evening.

Reply to
Moby78