Corsa C coolant loss ?

My son's Corsa C (62k, 02Reg) has started losing a lot of coolant. I can't see any left on the ground, and the inside of the car seems bone dry. There isn't any oil floating about in the coolant tank, and the oil on the dipstick seems fine, no mayonnaise/cream stuff. Inside the oil filler cap looked fine, oil level good. Obviously the head gasket is a possibility... What's the best way of trying to find out what the problem is ?

Reply to
TonyB

block test to elimante a headgasket, buy your own kit

or get your local garage to sniff it for you. then a pressure test on the expansion bottle cap & the cooling system.

Reply to
reg

As mentioned previously another test is to remove the plugs and check the tips if you have a clean one or two maybe its leaking into the cylinders.

Reply to
Rob