Corsa juddering and stalling

I've got a 6 year old Corsa 1.4 automatic, and it's playing silly buggers. Every now and then it judders (and sometimes even stalls) when moving off. It does this most often when I haven't been driving it for a while. Driving around for a bit and accelerating heavily seems to clear it. Any ideas? (Apart from "Get a proper car", I mean)

Reply to
Tarapia Tapioco

It's either a fault with the fuel supply, the sparks or the mixture. It's not easy to tell which without further tests but here are some cheap and easy steps that could be carried out (unless they've been done in the last couple of years). They are in the order that I would do them.

Replace the rotor arm and distributor cover (or at least scrape off the deposit on the contact points).

Replace the spark plugs.

Replace the leads

Replace the fuel filter.

If things don't get better, consider calling out a mobile tuner who can test the vehicle properly and find the faults.

Reply to
dp