Daewoo Espero

Hi I hope some one here may be able to help me. Just got hold of P reg Daewoo Espero But it will not start due to an immobilizer fault.Does any one know where I can get an other immobilizer or could I use one from a Daewoo Nexia with all parts that I need Thanks For an help given martin stevens

Reply to
gusgus

Martin,

I don't know if this may be of help, but I have a Lanos that had problems with the immobilser, and that turned out to be the Toroidal coil - this fits around the ignition switch in the car and is activated by a sensor 'spot' fitted into the plastic of the ignition key.

The coil cost me around £18 (including the dreaded VAT) to buy and a friendly Daewoo mechanic fitted it in around 15 minutes.

The symptoms that I was getting were the intermittent starting of the car along with the continual flashing of the immobilser light on the dashboard even when the ignition key was fully turned to the start position.

Parts and fitting were from a Daewoo dealership in Cardiff and the Part No for this particular one is D96303503

By the way, I asked the mechanic what the price would be to fit a new immobilser unit and he reckoned that the part alone would be in excess of £300 new - plus the cost of fitting.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G