Dampers

I bought a set of suspension struts a while ago and just today got round to looking at them with a view to fitting.

Leaning on the two rear struts, I feel no resistance at all on one, and a 'damped' feeling on the other. I guess the first is no good? I can't press the fronts down at all, but I think that's normal.

Reply to
Mark W

Sometimes they get confused internally by being stored sideways rather than the fitted way up. You may well find that operating them a good few times while they are the right way up will get them working again.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks. They were stored upright but for months without any movement. I'll try giving them a workout and see if that helps. Otherwise I'll just use the springs off them!

Reply to
Mark W