dash lights on astra g

hi can any one help me? I have an astra 1.8 sport on a v plate and recently had my ABS and traction control lights permanently illuminated on my dash my traction control is no longer working not sure about the ABS is there a specific fault when both lights are illuminated or would it be both are defective. many thanks in advance for any input.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter

Dean

ABS + TC use all the same components. Only difference is, ABS uses them when braking, TC uses them when wheels are spinning.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Check that both brake light bulbs are working - if they both go at the same time the ABS ECU stores a fault code and brings the dash warning lights on. If bulbs are OK, then the next most likely problem as a failed wheel speed sensor - most commonly the N/S front one. Unfortunately, on your model of car the speed sensor is integrated into the wheel bearing and hub. Last time I replaced one in late 2001 they were the best part of £200.

The only way to get a definite answer as to the fault you are experiencing is to go to a Vx dealer or other local garage and get the ABS system checked for fault codes.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Thanx for the info It was the ABS wheel sensor

Reply to
Dean