data supplier

I am trying to find a mag which tells you which cars have iron blocks , clutch replacement witout removing engine etc

thanks, Steve

Reply to
Stephen Tames

Car Mechanics will give this sort of info, but you'd need to read it for several years to build up such a database for most models.

If you're concerned about easy clutch replacement, why not just ask a clutch centre?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Stupid question, but why?

As Dave said in the other reply, the only source likely to know this is a mechanic.

I can't think of any cars that you need to remove the engine to do a clutch. I think all modern cars require the removal off the gearbox to replace the clutch, with some being far easier than others. Last car I can think off that didn't require the gearbox to be removed was the old Astra's.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

In news:41ba688c$ snipped-for-privacy@news.greennet.net, Moray Cuthill decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Isn't a Mondeo clutch an utter pig to do?

Reply to
Pete M

Can't see why you're worried about the block either. Just about every modern car has an ally cylinder head so needs the same precautions as an all ally one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Drop subframe or pull the engine out. Do it badly and get the subframe misaligned when you put it all back together and it'll never drive right again.

Reply to
Doki

Also sprach "Pete M" :-

Yes - but you don't remove the engine - you more sort of remove the car.

Reply to
Guy King