Diagnostic connector

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help?

I have recently bought a campervan based on a Fiat Ducato chassis. It has a three pin diagnostic connector. I have an interface that uses the standard 16 pin plug for use with my car. Does anyone know if it is possible to make or buy an adaptor to use with the Fiat?

Russell.

Reply to
Russell

Like this EBay item... 120479056495

Almost certainly. IIRC most connectors are actually serial links.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

diagnostic connector is an automotive context,it's generic term referring to a vehicle's self diagnostic and reporting capability. obd systems give the vehicle owner or a repair technician access to state of health information for various vehicle sub systems.

Reply to
darknesshans

Brilliant! Thanks for that.

Russell.

Reply to
Russell

newsgroup nightmare #434

Computers using artificial intelligence software start posting responses to questions raised on usenet by us mere humans ...

Someone pass me the C-4. Have to stop skynet. :-|

Reply to
Adrian C