diesel vacuum pump noise?

I seem to have a noise coming from around the vacuum pump area on my mazda

323 Diesel. Is this common when there is fault with the pump? The vacuum seems ok the servo brakes are still working. I dont want to buy a replacement until I am sure that this is the problem. TIA Chris
Reply to
Chris Lewis

Is it mounted on the back of the alternator, if so, probably the rear bearing in the alternator John

Reply to
John

Reply to
Chris Lewis

"Chris Lewis" wrote in news:hbUdi.2757$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net:

As far as I remember, the diesel vacuum pump has a small amount of oil in it to run nicely. Could there be a slight oil leak causing it to be running dry?

Reply to
Stuart G Gray