Din stereo into Double Din Ford Slot

Im going to be fitting a Sony CD player into a Fiesta with the double Din Slot. I have the wiring loom converter and fascia that reduces the gap but is there something else needed to hold up the rear of the stereo?

Thanks

Reply to
Kirky

No.

Reply to
SimonJ

Only if you put the radio at the top of the slot.

Reply to
DougP

Hi Rob

I've just replaced a Ford 5000 radio/cassette with a Pioneer CD. If you put the new unit at the bottom of the slot it should be fine.

BUT the old Ford radio has a DIN* connector while the new unit is an ISO* so it's going to have to come back out tomorrow so I can connect the ariel. It's very annoying as I bought all the bits (loom/facia/unit) from the same, online, shop and under their Choose products page it made no mention of this.

It was the first one I've ever done and took about 30 minutes. The best bit was discovering that Halfords were out of stock of the Ford Keys to get the radio out and a fitter did it for free !

HTH

Dave

Reply to
[rgmw]largie