Ecotek Power Boost

Is this foam any good/worth the money?

Would it be worthwhile using it on my '94 Cav 2.0i 8-valve, 62k on the clock, currently doing about 6k a year?

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Why would anyone consider buying anything from a company like Ecotek, whose main line of products is snakeoil?

Reply to
Grunff

Car Mechanics mag did a review last / this month. Used a 80k 320i BMW. The foam made a significant improvement to engine BHP etc. Read the article and decided for yourself.

Reply to
biscuit

Is it anything like 10K boost?

Reply to
Mark W

The reason I'm asking the question is that I know three-fifths of one- eighth of sod all about Ecotek. Thanks for the well-structured and helpful input.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

In article , biscuit writes

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

I read some of that article in the newsagents, I was expecting them to = slag it off.

However it did say they brought it back after one week and it made x = amount extra bhp.

Why did they wait a week and what had been doen to the car in the = meantime?

Isn't this stuff just supposed to remove carbon and wouldn't a right = good thrashing do much the same?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Laidlaw

Reply to
Grunff

Do Ecotek advertise in "Car Mechanics"?

Considering their previous "articles" about the Ecotek and my prediction that Ecotek are a regular advertiser (can somebody confim this?) I wouldn't take it as an objective or comparative review.

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.