electric hydraulic jack again....

Here is a picture and details of the jack. The jack that won't stay in your boot!

Reply to
davit

But why is it better than a manual bottle jack, which has far less to go wrong with it - especially after sliding around in the boot for 5 years?

Reply to
Grunff

Why won't it stay in the boot? Does it keep jumping out, getting stolen or does it create it's own rust hole to fall through?

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam

This looks quite neat, but I just can't see the point after I read the disclaimer ""NB Please remember to use chocks and axle stands to fully support a car when changing a wheel". So I need to carry axle stands as well just to change a wheel? - and I already have a jack hiding under the boot floor which doesn't need axle stands and chocks.

Perhaps for DIY? - ahhhhhhhh, but it needs a 12v supply.......

I'm sure they'll sell thousands of 'em though!

Reply to
Alan Shilling

Yes - it's the sort of pressy someone who knows nothing about car DIY buys for someone who does. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

All comments as usual are pertinent. Except maybe the person who has a rusty boot but non-puncture tyres.Funny though!

Why is is better than a bottle jack? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Why won't it stay in the boot? It can be used around the home/workshop.

Many products carry a liability disclaimer. "This gun can kill so don't do it!" springs to mind. 8 ' )

This product is not for everyone. It is quite expensive for the person who has no need for one! Its quite expensive for the person who has a need but can't afford it.

Final word....ahem...it is a new product..novelty value...no one else in UK has one. The design is 'neat' as was pointed out. It does the job its made for and much more.

It will be officially launched Spring 2004.

I'm thinking offering a 10 pounds prize, via NOCHEX, Along the lines of: How many different uses can this device be put to? Any and all comments will be welcome. Send list through web site. What do you think guys. NB please keep sexual uses and 'coffeee grinding' ideas to a minimum please.

davit

What the hell kind of answer is that? It's a jack; I don't give a shit what it looks like as long as it performs well, and does so reliably.

Are you categorically stating that it may be used without axle stands?

Reply to
Grunff

AFAIK you're meant to put the spare under the side of the car when you're swapping wheels to prevent the car dropping if the jack fails.

I seriously doubt that anybody selling jacks is going to say that you can use the jack without axle stands, because there'll always be one silly bugger who puts the jack on an uneven surface, or one seal in a million that might let go and allow the jack to drop etc. When that happens it's a phone call to claims direct because the firm who sold the jack didn't include an arse covering disclaimer.

Reply to
Doki

Hi guys thanks for the comments. Grunff your comments are especially welcome as it shows that you care about the safety of new products.

The answer to 'Why is it better than a bottle jack' was not dodging the question but simply not to answer a leading question. 'When did you stop beating your wife' ,comes to mind.

It is a labour saving device to some it is versatile to others. It is irrelevant to yet others.

So, Grunff can you use your obviously analytical mind to think of other uses for the device, it would be appreciated?

thanks again

Reply to
davit