Electric Sunroof will not open

I am gradually sorting out some problems with a rather old 405. The electric sunroof motor make the appropriate noises but no movement. Can anyone hazard a guess what the problem might be ?

(I could at one time lever the sunroof open by pressing up with one hand and holding down the switch with the other -hand that is)

Reply to
sid

sid ( snipped-for-privacy@sad.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Probably the cables have seized.

You've got two choices.

Strip all the headlining out, replace the cables, lubricate all the guides, and get it working properly.

- or -

Disconnect the switch, leave it well alone and be thankful it's shut. If you manage to get it open, you can guarantee it won't shut again.

Reply to
Adrian