Emissions Failure: CO reading

Graham wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Right. The flaw in my thinking was I didn't realise that the CAT burns up the HC, aswell as converting the CO and nitrogen. So I thought that

10ppm from the tailpipe equaled 10ppm at the manifold. All understood now, thanks :-)

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Thanks for all the replies so far. I have decided that given the general state of the car (rusty wheel arches, rusty bonnet, broken door lock, tired interior) and the possibility of a £150ish bill for a new CAT and whatever new rear brake shoes cost and the possibility of new rear brake drums and cylinders being added into the bill, not to mention a CV joint which is beginning to knock and will need attention in the near future, that it is time to search the papers for a slightly less scruffy car with some MOT and tax still on it. If anybody in the Southport area wants any parts off a "Teal" metallic green Citroen AX then feel free to email me at

achecsg at hotmail dot com

and make an offer.

David.

Reply to
David Linley

It's not unknown, but if the lamda sensors dead then the lamda will be wrong, which it wasn't. You always get some HC pre the catalyst.

Reply to
Duncan Wood