erm..help please with Fiesta 1.25i

Hi all, i need some advice with the aforementioned car.

1998 Zetec, 57000 on the clock and is losing coolant somewhere.

GF took it into garage 3 weeks ago, they replaced thermostat because of 'my' diagnosis. i.e Engine Hot, Heaters Hot, Radiator Hoses COLD.

All well and good i thought, job done. Checked the coolant level last week and needed another 2 Litres to top back up...hmmm ok.

This morning, checked again and needed another 1.5Litres but this time no heat from the heater matrix.

Engine was hot (really hot) no heat from matrix and radiator hoses were cold again. Hoses to matrix were hot.

Any ideas about a cure?

Was thinking about a reverse flush of system but if HG is gone do I chuck the thing in the bin?

TIA for any advice (no matter how stupid)

Dan

Reply to
Dan

get a head gasket check done first.

Reply to
mrcheerful

I wouldn't. Worth a few bob in good nick, even if you decide you're sick of it and flog it.

Reply to
Doki