93 Grand Carvan heater

I am having trouble with my heater in my 93 Grand Carvan. I put in a new thermostat but still no heat blower works but doesn't get hot. help please

Reply to
fleaman

Well if you have hot coolant going in and hot going out of the hoses that run into the firewall you have a blend air door problem/cable out of adjustment. If it is hot going in and cool/cold coming out, the heater core is stopped up.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

How do I check for that( I am a woman not a man ) so I don't know how to check for that.

Reply to
fleaman

You run the engine till hot with the heater on and then put your hand around each hose to see if it is hot or cool. I do not know if there is a heater hose valve or not in that model, but it too could be stuck preventing the hot water from going through the heater core. Again, this will be exhibited by cool hoses since there is no flow of hot coolant through them.

Also make sure your coolant tank and radiator are full as low coolant might also cause no heat.

Good luck.

Bob

PS Change your handle...

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Yea what Bob said!! and the handle thingy too. But if it has a heater control valve with the vacumm hose going to it make sure you still hot coolant going in and out, and as Bob said, you have to have a full coolant system to get max heat. Have someone move the temp slide on the heater control switch inside the vehicle, if it has the control valve make sure the arm on it moves back and fourth

Glenn Beasley Chryselr Tech

Reply to
maxpower