Escort Tailgate Struts

Hi - Both the hydraulic struts on my 1990 Escort tailgate kept "popping off" their mountings. I've bought two from a breakers yard,only one will stay on now. I replaced the mountings in case that was the problem. Any ideas(apart from getting a new car!)

Cheers,

Trev

Reply to
Trevor

Buy some new struts and that way you know the ball joint cup isn't knackered as the one you've replaced as you found out when you used second hand ones.

Reply to
Conor