Tailgate struts online?

The tailgate struts on my Skoda Octavia estate have given up, and need replacing. Went to the local car accessory shop today, was served by the idiot

16yo, who says they dont do them, which really menat that he couldnt be bothered looking in the book. So, tried online when I got home. No luck, any that do seem to list them do not give a price, just a contact form for more details on their website. It cant be that difficult to list such parts can it? So, apart from going to a main dealer on Monday, is there anywhere that is likely to sell such an item online? Thanks Alan
Reply to
A.Lee

So a person working for a company that didn't stock a part, like others, is an idiot? Most have a good knowledge of the stock they hold, looking in a book will not suddenly make the parts appear before you. Why didn't you ask to order them? You have what appears to be a terrible attitude problem. Are you a bit too thick to find the items yourself and companies that sell them. I can imagine what you will be saying next about anyone that does try to help. You might not get any help! The main dealer will also have to order the parts for you - so will you be posting stupid comments about them next!

Reply to
Norm

No, not like others, HE was an idiot,yes.

Err, I did expect to have to order them. Dork behind the counter looked up Suzuki, then said there were no Skoda parts (what, no Skoda parts listed at all?, to which he shut the book), I said look under VW, he replied, 'no, they wont be there, it is a Skoda'. He couldnt be bothered to look.

Read what I posted earlier. I did do a search, and none of them either stock them, or if they do, they do not give any prices, and ask you to fill in a form to get a quote. I asked if anyone knew where they are likely to sell them online. Understand now? Just by chance, are you a 16 yo who works part-time in a motor accessory shop? Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Ignore Norm, he's just having a bad day. Giva GSF a go

Strangely Brown