excessive revs on tickover FOCUS 1.6 PETROL

IN ADDITION TO MY EARLIER POST THE FOCUS 1.6 PETROL 2004 PLATE TICKS OVER AT 1200/1300 RPM AND IF YOU BLIP THE THROTTLE THE REVS DROP SLOWLY HOVERING AT ABOUT 2000 THEN DROP TO 12/1300.

ANY IDEAS WHAT THE PROBLEM MAY BE. i HAVE SEACHED THE SITE SEEN POSTS ABOUT BLOCKED OR SPLIT BREATHER HOSE?????

Reply to
PAUL130861

Please stop shouting.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Broken keyboard.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

yes it could be the breather pipe under the manifolds, if it is split the engine will race and will be rough as hell when driving.Fairly easy to replace if you have the correct long nose pliers with a tube grip on the end. It could also be the throttle linkage sticky and not reseating itself correctly, or the same with the throttle valve..

Reply to
critcher

I had one blown off when my Fiesta once failed to start first time, and blew back through the intake. Just had to push it back on and stick a (very tight) cable tie round it.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre