fan not KICKING in on Laguna

1.6 laguna The fan has been tested and is working , the thermostat has been tested and is working , but puttting the two of them together ..nothing ..before I splash out on a auto electrician anybody want to throw in a tuppence or two ? ( yes the fuse is fine and the wiring and connections have been checked over and seem fine )

Any idea whats wrong

Mechanic says hes confused as their is NO "radiator switch"? is this normal ?

Reply to
Bluesky

If fited with aircon, there's another switch called a Bitron sensor which powers the cooling fans. (On my Citroen anyway). My Haynes says to deliver the vehicle to a main dealer and furnish them with excessive amounts of cash. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Thanks for swift ...no Aircon fitted though Suppose I "REALLY" need to get a manual !

Reply to
Bluesky

These days Mr Haynes says that for just about everything. I remember when Haynes manuals were actually useful, now they seem to tell you nothing much more than how to check the oil.

Reply to
SimonJ

Change mechanic.

Reply to
SimonJ

My mechanics a great guy , most of all hes human ...now with the variety of models of cars and also the differences even on engines within same models I sympathise it must be impossible to keep up .........

He genuinely has never seen a car without a " Radiator Switch " and since i dont know what it is I cant help much ..hence I am here looking for an off duty renualt mechanic :-)

Reply to
Bluesky

Turned out it was a broken wire , hidden in a wire cover ! Sorted and working great !

Reply to
Bluesky