Fan woes

Having probs with my fan, in Rover metro 96.

The car was overheating due to water pipes being wrongly fitted. Now fine.

The thermostat was replaced, perhaps old one damaged due to overheating.

Fan switch replaced, but fan doesn't work. I tested the fan manually connecting the wires, and it does turn.

So my question now is.. how come it doesn't come on as the thermostat and fan switch are new.

1- Could the fan switch have been damaged as the engine overheated.. its set into the radiator.

2 - The bottom corner of the radiator is cold, but the rest is hot, could bad circulation cause this

3 - Could it be something else like the fuse.. or something else.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Garland

The message from "Garland" contains these words:

Is it getting hot enough to need to - and is there a relay involved?

Reply to
Guy King

disconect the wires to the raditor sensor and using a small lenth of electrical wire bridge it so they touch each other . now turn on the ign, the fan should work now, so you know that the wiring circuit is ok and the problem is the sensor within the rad (or the coolant not geting hot enough to work the sensor) if the fan does not work by bridging it then check the wiring for open circit(after checking the fuse is ok....)

Reply to
ford_technical_

The message from "ford_technical_" contains these words:

I assumed he'd done that 'cos he said he'd tested the fan manually.

Reply to
Guy King