fiesta courier

Hi, does anyone know what the toe in ( or out ) should be on a 1.8 diesel van, I bought it on ebay and wuz robbed needed new front bottom plates which I did but the tyres are wearing on the inside help me someone!!!!!!

Reply to
ronniboy

"ronniboy" wrote

A warning to us all.

Never, ever offer money for a car if you have not actually seen it.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

Most ford's are parallel, but I'm sure somebody will be along with the exact figures...

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

between -4.5 and + 0.5

Reply to
mrcheerful

Remind me never to let you do tracking.

Reply to
Conor

I always set them exactly parallel or *very* slightly toe out. (FWD)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

well that is what autodata says, personally I use a drive over plate thingy.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Not mine.

Reply to
Conor

Different models, slightly different settings: eg fiesta courier 94 - 95 1.6 is -4.5 - +0.5

some are -2 - + 3 etc,

so all have a total tolerance of 5 mm so it is not too critical on one of these, ie everything flops about so much accuracy is not too important.

After changing suspension bits I usually drive it over the plate and check it is very close to the centre, ie no toe in or out, if it is something expensive or good then I usually run it into a local tyre place with the four wheel laser setup.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for your help but I can't get the bloody nut undone broke two spanners already cheers

Reply to
ronniboy

No, that's -4.5 +/- 0.5, i.e the range of -5.0 to -4.0 is acceptable.

Reply to
Conor

I think you will find that:

N equals negative (toe in) P equals positive (toe out)

plus over minus is the allowable variation from a setting

the autodata shows an N maximum to a P maximum (depending on which model you look at ! ) or a plus minus from a setting figure (again depending on model)

but whatever the OP can't even undo the tracking nuts.

To undo the nuts get a blow torch and warm the nut a bit then undo it. An alternative is to give the nut a good whack from one side while supporting the opposite side with a big lump hammer. this deforms the nut a little and may release the rust.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful