Fiesta MK3 Black Oilish Soot

Hi I have a K reg MK3 fiesta. I had the car serviced about 2 weeks ago, changed Air Filter, sparks, HT leads, Oil Filter, Oil and Coolant.

Now i have started to notice this black soot on the exhaust, i can clean it off, go out in the car, and its back again. Now some times its kinda dry like soot, and if i put my hand over the exhaust when the car is running it is wet, and i get this dark oil trype substance on my hand along with soot.

Has anyone got any ideas to what my problem may be?

thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris

You didn't over-fill the oil did you?

Did you fit the correct plugs? Does the engine still run well?

Cheers

Dave P

Reply to
David Precious

Hi, Engine runs fine.

I did not do the service, got someone else to do it for me, they got all the parts and fitted them.

Are there any ways i can check myself that the correct parts have been fitted?

thanks

chris

Reply to
Chris

Are you sure it's oil, and not condensate from the exhaust, mixed with the soot?

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith