Fiesta cuts out

Hi, hope someone can help with this one...My 1.25 Zetec Fiesta runs fine most of the time, but has a tendency to stutter and jerk-usually during a motorway run but not exclusively-then cuts completely at traffic lights, junctions etc. Happens a bit more often now, used to be able to complete a journey without it happening even once-now I'm lucky if I can get down the road! Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated! Tia

Reply to
.

Age, mileage, past problems, recent service???

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

1996, 31,000mls, no past probs,last service 18mnths ago
Reply to
.

So its long overdue a good service then! Have the garage clean and flush the PCV system, clean the throttle body and butterfly, and the ISCV (Idle speed control valve) too.

Also have them check the HT leads, and renew if in any doubt, if they're original, they're way past their best. Only fit the genuine Ford or Bosch ones.

And from now on have 6 monthy oil and filter changes- especially bearing in mind your very small annual mileage.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

cheers Tim

Reply to
.

Possibility: The wire on the Power steering pump pipe (front of the RHS front wheel) or up at the manifold has broken.... cant sense steering load at low speed and cuts out.

JK

Reply to
JK