Fiesta TDC locking pin question

Agh! Of course. That must be the most useful thing I've heard in a long time.

Reply to
Etaoin Shrdlu
[user-friendly snippage]

+1

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I use a two post lift, the front pads usually end up about parallel with the edge of the front discs, so there is little danger of lifting the back end. The Focus I did the other day certainly did not move noticeably, despite me pulling in the right direction to do so on the end of a 4ft scaffold pole. Anyway, that was why I was saying it is hard to envisage how an amateur at home can get those type of crank bolts done up properly.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Well, I managed to get another 45deg on it this morning, which (when added to what I already managed previously) I'm happy with. 1mtr breaker bar with two extensions resting on an axle stand going in via the wheel arch. Lots of moderate bouncing up and down, but trying to avoid breaking anything. I managed to only break one small socket extension, and that was a weak design, since it had a waist under the business end to allow a bit of wobble.

I think the most useful thing I need to get now would be a 3/4" drive socket set. I don't think it would have been at all difficult with that.

Reply to
Etaoin Shrdlu