Focus Drivers Electric Window not working

I Have a 54 1.4 Ford Focus and now the drivers electric window has stopped working, it doesn't go down. I removed the switch from the
door and when operating the switch I can hear a click sound from the door, which made me think the switch was ok and the motor was duff. Any ideas, or amyone heard of the same fault ?
Thanks
Ian
oldie wrote:

is the window just stuck and the motor is unable to overcome the sticktion?