VW Polo Electric window problem

2001 VW Polo SE 1.4

The passenger electric window is playing up, when you press the switch to lower the window as soon as you let go the window closes again, sometimes the window opens on its own, and sometimes it gets stuck down other times it works fine.

The electric window switches on the passenger door and the one on the drivers door have been replaced, the spring and parts that are attached to the back of the door lock barrel have been replaced on both the driver and passenger side.

The car has as standard the facility to close electric windows by the key in the external door locks.

I can only think that is either the window motor or a fault with the central locking pump in the passenger door that is somehow confusing the key window locking facility, but if it was the pump in the door I would have thought that both windows would have the problem.

Any help appreciated.

John

Reply to
John C

No help I'm afraid, but my wife's 2001 Polo TDi drivers windows does odd things- usually it stops and reverses when it is on the way up. The motor was replaced once, and it went away, but has come back. I wonder if it's the anti-crush sensing (that stops people shutting their fingers in) going a bit screwy?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Found the answer.

Reply to