Focus or Megane diesels?

Looking to replace my car with either a Focus TCDi zetec or new style Megane

1.9Dci - anybody know of any problems reliability-wise with these cars to look out for?

-- Neil McD.

Reply to
Neil McDonald

Both are good engines.

The Megane looks s**te & has stupid adverts.

Nuff said.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

If your keeping the cars less than ~3 yrs, it doesnt matter- the Dci and TDci are both excellant engines, although 8 valve. If you buy the Renault and keep it longer, be ready for problems; especially electrical and fixtures n fittings.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

In message , Pete Smith writes

Well as a confirmed Ford fan, with three Fords currently in the family including my own Focus........... I have to say I like the look of the Megane. I also liked the look of the similarly styled Vel Satis and the Avantime.

Of course I wouldn't buy any of them because they are Renaults but I do admire them for trying something different.

Reply to
Paul Giverin