ford clutch auto adjuster thanks :)

Thanks to every one for all the tips on changing the clutch auto adjuster in a ford . I did it today. £17.77 in parts :) but a complete %^%^$%^ to do. Took me 6.5 hours, but then I'm no mechanic

Thanks : )

Reply to
Del

i was a mechanic when the auto adjuster failed on a transit based recovery van, looked at it and thought stuff that, so i found a large coarse threaded bolt, and wound it between the 2 parts of the adjuster ratchet, thus locking the thing together.. no more auto adjusting unless i wound the bolt out and moved the ratchet and pawl manualy, but at least the bugger would never slip and dump the clutch while i was in traffic again :)

Reply to
CampinGazz