Ford Fiesta 1989 G reg MKIII

HI,

Hope someone can help me, I am not sure but I think the bonnet release cable is either jammed or broken, and the bonnet won't release.

Is there any way I can release the bonnet so that I can look, I have tried removing the screws that hold the catch in place but the angle is difficult to do I can't undo them, I have followed the method in the haynes manual but with no luck.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this, as I am hoping to sell the car as other than this problem the car is great, in good condition for the year, and has low mileage.

Many thanks in advance

Carie.

Reply to
cdes

It may not have broken. My Laguna's catch just gummed up as it had been diligently greased by the previous owner(s) which allowed it to pick up all the s**te of the day from the road and not work. Have an assistant (good Haynes BOL speak) press and pull the bonnet around the catch while you work the cable. With a bit of luck it will pop. Then thoruoghly drown it in WD40 while working the catches with the bonnet open.

Reply to
gazzafield

THanks for answering, I will do that and let you know how it goes..

Many thanks again

Reply to
cdes