Ford Fiesta Brake warning lamp stuck on - since emergency stop

I have a 2001 Ford Fiesta Flight Diesel and have had the red brake warning lamp stuck permanenetly ON since last week just after I had to do an emergency stop.

Looking in the manual, it tells me that it means that the fluid level is low but I have checked and the reservoir is full. I have also checked the front pad thickness and they are fine (and they have no sensor wires in any case).

Could it be possible that this lamp is wired to any other switch such as a brake pressure balance switch which could have been actuated during the hard braking where I applied a very high force to the pedal.

I believe that some vehicles are fitted with sensors which would detect any imbalance between the two circuits but are they latching? (ie do they stay closed until manually reset).

Does the Fiesta have such a switch and if so, where is it and how can I reset it ??

Thanks in advance

Steve Harvey

Reply to
Clocker

Presumably you've checked that the float or whatever senses the low fluid level is floating and moves easily? All wires connected to it?

Reply to
Malc

it's also the handbrake switch on a few models has it got abs?

Reply to
dojj