ford fiesta front fog lamp smashed

Hello all,

Im new to this car maintenance lark. My driver-side front fog light has smashed on my 2003 reg Fiesta Ghia 1.4

Does anyone know if swapping this out for a new one is going to be a simple process? I cant seem to figure out how to get the old one out.

Any ideas for this struggling newbie?

Thanks

Adam

Reply to
masterplanner2006

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote in news:1hgzsa6.csdai7ydqpxaN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk:

ok fine but I dont want to be driving around with a smashed light, its fine in the sun but as soon as it rains....water + electrics = bad.

where can I get hold of second hand ones?

Can anyone reccomend a reputable supplier?

Reply to
masterplanner2006

Don't bother replacing them.

Front fogs are next to useless in the UK, and you'll only end up with the same one or the other one being smashed again within a few thousand miles.

It is, however, worth keeping a couple of decent 2nd hand ones in the garage for when you come to sell the car.

Reply to
SteveH

The message from masterplanner2006 contains these words:

Only if you switch them on. If you don't there's no electricity.

Seriously, there's no need for them, just take them off.

Reply to
Guy King

What are you talking about, take them off....if i do that then there will be a big hole in my lower bumper - these are fog lights built into the front bumper fitted when i bought it, not ones Ive added myself.

Reply to
masterplanner2006

The message from "masterplanner2006" contains these words:

Does that matter?

Reply to
Guy King

"masterplanner2006" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

You may have noticed a slight aversion to front fogs here. I could suggest getting the HBOL for the Fiesta though. On a slight tangent, a mate of mine had a new Fiesta as a courtesy car, he drove to a field in the middle of no-where where he and a few others fly R/C planes. He stopped to open the gate, the door of the Fiesta with it's engine still running shut while he was at the gate, and when he walked back to the car, discovered the central locking had locked itself. Fifteen minutes later, one of his fellow flyers arrived to find him locked out of the still running Fiesta. The chap took a screwdriver out of his boot, snapped a bit of fence wire off to fashion a hook, and in 30 seconds had the door open. Not the most secure of cars. Taking the fogs off yours will make it a less likely target for car thieves :-)

Reply to
Stuart Gray

thats all very well but what is an HBOL?

and to have such a hatred about a pair of lights seems rather sad

Reply to
masterplanner2006

The message from "masterplanner2006" contains these words:

Haynes Book of Lies. Things like "The sprocket flange will now line up with the veeblefetzer" when it clearly never will without the intervention of a deity with mechanical aptitude.

Reply to
Guy King

They used to be quite informative. (In the good old days. ) Nowadays most of what I really want to know, comes under the header of 'refer to dealer' or some such unhelpful advice. Still quite useful for doing the easy stuff on an unfamiliar vehicle though. Makes it a little quicker than having to work it out for yourself, and provides torque settings etc. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Guy King wrote in news:3130303034323739449273A520 @zetnet.co.uk:

yea, it will look horrendous.

Reply to
masterplanner2006

The message from masterplanner2006 contains these words:

On a Fiesta?

Reply to
Guy King

Its not the lights, its the wankers who use them in daylight to advertise the fact they are complete wankers.

Dave

Reply to
gort

Guy King wrote in news:31303030343237394493094483 @zetnet.co.uk:

look, forget i asked.

Reply to
masterplanner2006

The fog lamp is held in place by a self tapping screw at the top middle. As far as I remember it is removed by taking out the screw and pushing the lamp through to remove from the rear.

Alex

Reply to
JAT

"JAT" wrote in news:449461a1$0$69386$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net: