ford focus 1800tddi

the engine managment light comes on and lose all power from accelerator.If i turn off the engine it resets itself and may not happen again for a while but there again it may happen soon? any ideas?

Reply to
andyhalse

Yup

take it to a ford dealer prono

Reply to
Urban Legend

If you mean that the engine won't rev, then chances are it's the throttle pedal. But you really need to get the fault codes read to be certain.

Reply to
moray

Someone I know took their late Mondeo diesel to a Ford dealer for the same problem, I understand it had to have one new injector (the one with some sort of sensor) plus an ECU update.

It cost a few hundred !!!!

Reply to
Mrcheerful