FORD FOCUS - NO START - IMMOBILIZER PROBLEM? (2023 Update)

replying to Sandy Nuts, Tee wrote: Yes it does

Reply to
Tee

Another of those bloody forums that wreak havoc. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Killfile anything with a sender address of example.com

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Does What? We cannot remember what was written 11 years ago!

Reply to
alan_m

replying to Sandy Nuts, Caz wrote: I have the same problem and been told that its the imobiliser when slowing down my 2005 ford focus cuts out with imobiliser light flashes then takes few mins to start up again then drives normal again for a day or so this has happened 3 times in a week the garage has put me in contact with someone who deals with clocks and imobilisers and i have been quited £100 to fix the problem Anyone else had same problem

Reply to
Caz

replying to Sandy Nuts, Alan Carter wrote: Yes immobiliser red light flashes when start engine

Reply to
Alan Carter

replying to Chris Street, Patricia Nomathemba Tshuma wrote: Hi my car can't start I think it's an immobiliser problems

Reply to
Patricia Nomathemba Tshuma

Tell us all what exactly you think an 'immobiliser' is and does. Then tell us why you think yours is faulty.

Reply to
Ted H

replying to Chris Whelan, Jay lowe wrote: Hi mate could you help got in this morning and immobilser light constantly on what's that mean. Iv been havin problem with cluster immobilser. I lost me thob keys. So I'm usin key. Thank jay

Reply to
Jay lowe

Is this the solution to the problem? As I have the same issue, and a message pops up on the dash saying “engine system fault” thanks

Reply to
Callum

I have a 2010 ford fucus it only starts when it wants too. I've replaced relay starter is good battery is good. HELP

Reply to
Stu

What happens when you attempt to start it?

Does it ‘turn over’?

Does it ‘fire’ - ie appear to ignite fuel but not run?

If you turn the lights on and try, what happens?

Reply to
Brian

Everything comes on . As I said sometimes it starts onther times nothing at all no turn over nothing but all lights come on . Crazy 🤪

Reply to
Stu

In message <172cc2f1795f7d7e$351$223910$ snipped-for-privacy@news.newsgroupdirect.com>, Stu snipped-for-privacy@example.com writes

Bad connection to the starter motor, or to the starter solenoid, or bad solenoid itself? Or could it be the ignition key, if there are separate contacts for the starter solenoid? Does it start if you do a 'bump start'.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

If you turn the head lights on and try to start it, what happens?

Reply to
Brian

You made no mention of lights before. Big difference. We’re not psychic.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The starter relay could be sticking or the relay contacts failing.

The relay is in the fuse box in the engine compartment

When it fails to start next time try tapping the top of Relay with the handle of a screwdriver and then try and restart the car.

R8 (relay 8) = ignition R13 (relay 13) = starter

See

alan_m

I’m trying to discover if he means headlights or dashlights ( ignition etc).

He isn’t giving enough information.

Reply to
Brian