Ford focus radio

I came across a nice ford focus for my wife everything about it looks good, but it has a chav radio/cd with neon lights that is quite alarming in the dark. The standard ford focus radio system is pretty decent.

I've spotted some standard ones on ebay going for around £40 is it a simple swap job ... and wiring wise I guess it iso fix ? (will you need a code aor anything as I know some radios are coded to the ecu)

Reply to
ianhopkins

Assuming you are talking about Mk 1 and Mk 1 facelift cars, as long as the fitter of the non-standard radio hasn't butchered it, a replacement will just plug in.

The code can be determined from the serial number on the radio; make certain that the label is legible. If you can't find how to decode it online, post the serial here and someone will help.

Personally, a chav sound system would be something that would ring alarm bells as to how the vehicles has been driven and cared for. There's not exactly a shortage of used Focuses, so perhaps it might be worth looking around?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I doubt that very much.

Reply to
Eric III

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thats axactly what I have been thinking. I spoke to the dealer on the phone and he said when the standard radio goes wrong, ford charge over £200 for a new one and most poeple just put in a aftermarket one. The questiona sked was do you have or can you put a standard one back in. Its an 05 focus 1.6 zetec with 41k fsh at a whooping £3,750! but its local-ish and relatively tidy example. Although I think I'll try and find one that hasn't had tell tail signs of chav ownership.

Reply to
ianhopkins

Dare I ask or care to know why you don't think the Ford focus is nice ...

Reply to
ianhopkins

Forgot to mention I did spot another one a 1.8 ghia all the ghia bells and whistles plus a parking aid handy for the Mrs so many bolland magnetically find her bumper she claims also 41k funny enough on a 04 plate for £4k sadly a 90 minute drive from me roughly but possibly worth it. Sold by a car dealership so I can perhaps haggle a little. No mention of MOT though more than likely when I enquire it will have one or a new one on sale, as for tax I guess they cashed that in :)

Sadly down here in Poole and surround cars seem a bit pricey. Locally all I have found is poor example.

What do you reckon on the above one ? always hard to say I know with out seeing it ... but those are the basic details.

Reply to
ianhopkins

;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Steve..... is that you??

Reply to
Paul Giverin

LOL!

The thought did cross my mind, but I don't think he'd use Eric as a pseudonym.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

This one?