Ford Focus 2001

Hi
How easy is it to swap the factory installed tape player in a focus for a
second hand CD player which looks exactly the same (apart from being a CD
player of course). Is it just a case of unplugging one and plugging in the
other. They're selling quite cheap on ebay and I was thinking of buying
one.
Any advise (or web pages) gratefully received.
Many thanks in advance
Reply to
Truffle
If your talking about swapping the 5000 for the 6000 then yes. You will need the extraction tools if you dont have them already. About £1.50 tops from Fords or probably anywhere that sells car stereos.
Takes less than 5 mins to swap them over.
Matt
Reply to
Matt F
None exist as it's such an easy job. Go to Halfords and get their car radio extractor thingy for Fords. Stick the U shaped hoops in the slot, push outwards and pull and the radio comes out. See instructions on packet.
Then just swap over all the rear connectors. All the wiring is the same regardless of if it's a 2000 bottom end or a 6000 top end model. Connectors only go in on slot at the back and it's obvious which. The only problem is if there is a CD changer to be installed - that will require it's feed cable runnign from the passenger seat/boot/wherever to the back of the head unit. >
Reply to
Chris Street

Site Timeline Threads