Ford radio keypad missing

Hello,

A couple of Ford radio questions.

We are missing the detatchable bit of the keypad from a Focus radio,

6000 model.

Is it possible to replace the panel ecomically, is there a poster on here who deals in radios and such?

Or if I buy a whole new unit, there's always a few on ebay, will it just go in as long as it comes with the code? Or are there issues?

Cheers.

Reply to
R D S

Any 6000 series will fit; there will only be issues with things like steering wheel controls.

There's a couple of keypads on eBay at the moment for pocket money; will they not suit?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I would expect the keypad to be coded to the radio. vauxhall ones are and have to be factory coded to suit the radio. that radio is often for sale, but also they often go faulty particularly the cd side. If the OP can find a secondhand one that is demonstrated as working then all should be well, but I would not trust one sent through the post, there are dire warnings on the side about dropping the radio, and the posties are pretty clumsy !

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I have spoken to her again and it turns out it isn't the keypad that is missing. I had assumed it was the keypad when she was on about a detatchable part.

She's talking about the missing part being about the size of two matchsticks. That's about as much sense as I can get out of her.

Point noted about handling, i'll try to find something for sale locally.

Reply to
R D S
[...]

Radio mount broken, and it was jammed in with two matchsticks?

:-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Christ knows, i've given over wanting to help!

Reply to
R D S

Yeah that's what happens when buy radios from "the man down the pub".

Reply to
Steve Firth

No, it was in a car bought from a second hand car dealer. Apparently nobody thought to check the radio until after the purchase and, as is his right, the dealer is being a dick about it.

But thanks for your input.

Reply to
R D S

Yeah that's what happens when you buy a car from "the man down the pub".

Reply to
Steve Firth

The 6000 series is cack, if you can afford it (I'm guessing it's a Focus MK1?), stick a cheapo headunit in - the speakers are actually pretty good. I got a JVC MP3/CD thing with the adaptor plate new, for =A345 from Ebay and it took me about 2 mins - literally - to fit it.

Even better, try and get the dealer to sort it out for you, or at least pay for it.

Reply to
Mike P

50 quid for a new CD/MP3/Bluetooth jobbie from Aldi at the moment.
Reply to
SteveH