ford focus central locking

we have a 1999 focus and for some reason when we press remote nothing happens have changed battery in it but still not working what else can be wrong with it key still locks all doors when turned any help appreciated

Reply to
donfee31

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com...

from autodata: System operation Alarm/central locking functions can be altered using diagnostic equipment. Pressing lock button twice within 2 seconds activates double locking system. Some models: Holding key lock button in depressed position closes windows and sunroof. Pressing key unlock button once deactivates system and unlocks driver's door only. Pressing key unlock button twice within 3 seconds deactivates system and unlocks all doors. Switch ignition ON. Ensure clock LED illuminates for 3 seconds. If LED flashes rapidly at regular intervals for approximately 1 minute, then flashes at irregular intervals: Key code not recognised. Remove key and try again. Programming When Key(s) added or replaced. System malfunction. How Obtain all keys fitted with remote control. Fasten seat belts and close all doors. Turn ignition switch from position I to position II 4 times within 6 seconds. Turn ignition switch to position I ( 11/2000). Switch ignition OFF (12/2000 ). Programming mode activated for 10 seconds proceed as follows: Press and hold lock, unlock or boot release button Fig. 1 [1], [2] or [3]. Wait for acoustic signal (indicates correct programming). Repeat above procedure within 10 seconds to program remaining keys. To exit programming mode: Turn ignition switch to position III or wait 10 seconds. Keys can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment. NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed. Fig. 1 Manufacturer: Ford Model: Focus 1,8 Engine code: EYDC Output: 85 (115) 5750 Tuned for: R-Cat Year: 1998-04 © Autodata Limited 2004

02/11/2007 V5.373-
Reply to
Mrcheerful

ok thanks for that will try that