Ford Ka revving high

What it says above.

Okay, on the approach to a nice wide open roundabout at 50 in third with the system maintains a near-constant speed. When you reach a given marker you disable the system and see how bad the ass kicks out. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Yup. The a/c models have a 4.06 final drive, around 20.2 mph / 1,000 rpm in top. The non-a/c models use a 3.62 final drive with around 23 mph / 1,000 rpm...

Reply to
DervMan

Ok, I see now.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Blimey, I guess they had to do something though, the early Ka was terrible with the a/c on.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Dunno, but I can't see any reason why they'd make a different one.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Or the fact that going and making a cup of coffee whilst using cruise control is just a tad dangerous.

Friend of mine told me about an email she'd got a while back, telling the story of an American who'd bought a camper-van, and totalled it as they'd gone and made a cup of coffee whilst cruising using cruise control. She took the manufacturer to court, because at no point in the handbook (or instruction book for the cruise control - it may have been an aftermarket system) did it mention that you shouldn't go and make a cup of coffee whilst using the cruise control.

She successfully sued them.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

She did and they changed the handbook too.

Reply to
DervMan

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "DervMan" saying something like:

Madness.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon