Ford Ka, worth repairing insurance wise

Hi all,

Neighbours Ka got rear ended over the weekend and he's wondering if he's likely to see it again.

I have put some pics up at

It's a basic model, 2005 on an 05 plate with a genuine 30,000 on the clock.

Any thoughts? are they likely to repair of write off

Regards.

Reply to
Orange? no thanks.

"Orange? no thanks." gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Take your pick. It's hardly a scarce vehicle.

Reply to
Adrian

I agree - he could offer to take £1,500 and the damaged car in final settlement.. A small bodshop will tidy it up and have it back on the road with plenty of change left over.

Reply to
Steve Walker

In article , Orange? no thanks. writes

It's got floorpan damage which is an instant write off, and the fact that it's a 6 year old basic model won't help.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Thanks all for your thoughts.

Latest news is that the car passed the steering geometry test and the parts have been ordered to repair the car.

As this is my elderly neighbours car he is very happy with the outcome.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Orange? no thanks.